You can read the full article here at Living in Peru.
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
National Geographic was awarded the Orden del Sol del Peru for its assistance in retrieving a collection of artifacts to the citadel. The award is the highest civilian award issued by the Peruvian government. It's generally given to people who have excelled in fields such as arts, literature, culture and politics, or who have provided extraordinary services to Peru. The artifacts include some of the items brought to Yale University by Hiram Bingham.
Posted by Holbrook Travel at 10:32 AM
Monday, July 11, 2011
|Photo by: Laura Hare|
Posted by Holbrook Travel at 11:51 AM
The first video is from dance portion of the event, that followed traditional dance rituals.
The second is from the music portion of the event, the band shown is called Los Jaivas and they are a Latin progressive-rock group from Chile.
Posted by Holbrook Travel at 10:51 AM
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Don't miss out on any more celebrations and book a trip to Peru as soon as possible!
"Read the rest of the article about the parade at Andina.
Posted by Holbrook Travel at 7:43 AM
There's only 2 1/2 weeks until the big day, here's a recommendation for what to bring when you travel to Peru.
- Medium to heavy weight cotton pants
- Lightweight pants for mosquito protection
- Lightweight long-sleeved shirt
- 1 windbreaker, rain-jacket
- Medium to heavy weight jacket
- Bathing suit
- Socks: bring extra pairs
- Hiking shoes
- Sandals or casual shoes for town or around your lodge
- A pocket calculator to assist with currency exchange
- A small backpack for day walks.
- A overnight bag for journeys to Machu Picchu, Amazon, Manu, etc.
- Photocopies of all documentation/passport/tickets
- Prescription drugs and a copy of the prescription
- Insect repellent
Posted by Holbrook Travel at 7:04 AM